Burning Hearts

And they said one to another,
"Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?
40 Day Journey to knowing Jesus more fully
2012
February 22~Aril 7 The Galilean Ministry
2011
March 9~April 23 The Perean Ministry and Passion Week
It’sbeen said that Lenten season is the Christians' 'Spring Training'. I liked that when I read it years ago and decided to use this time of year to draw closer to the Lord through prayer, fasting, and a closer look at Christs' life and ministry in scripture. "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering, being conformed to His death." Philippians 3:10

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Never-ending Forgiveness

Luke 17:3-4
As my disciples really think about what you are doing, I want you to help your fellow disciples do what is right by telling them the hard truth and if they sin against you personally forgive them....again and again and again and again, keep on forgiving them!  Never stop forgiving them!  Just make forgiving others a way of life.  This is my paraphrase of what Jesus is saying to the disciples in these verses. I can't say someone has ever offended me seven times in one day, if they did I don't think I would have the grace to keep forgiving them as many times as the Lord requires.  As I was preparing to write this devotion I sat here thinking about someone offending me over and over again in the same way each time. I could see me politely forgiving at first but after a time or two rage, anger, resentment, and bitterness would have me rip into them.  Forgive the same offense over and over again? I have trouble forgiving my husband for using my dish towel to dry his hands how am I ever going to master this seven times a day thing or harder yet seven times seventy. I can imagine at this point the disciples sitting there absorbing all of what Jesus is saying, which prompted their next response..."Lord, increase our faith"!  I'm with you guys, my only hope is that with God NOTHING is impossible. 

1 comment: