Burning Hearts

And they said one to another,
"Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?
40 Day Journey to knowing Jesus more fully
2012
February 22~Aril 7 The Galilean Ministry
2011
March 9~April 23 The Perean Ministry and Passion Week
It’sbeen said that Lenten season is the Christians' 'Spring Training'. I liked that when I read it years ago and decided to use this time of year to draw closer to the Lord through prayer, fasting, and a closer look at Christs' life and ministry in scripture. "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering, being conformed to His death." Philippians 3:10

Friday, March 18, 2011

Lost Coin

Luke 15:8-10
Right now in my house, this parable could read, "Or what woman, having a very nice cell phone (with a qwerty keyboard), if she loses it, does not light a lamp, sweep, the house, and search carefully hoping to find it? And would certainly call (or text) everyone to say, 'Rejoice with me', for I have found the piece which I lost!" I might even blog about it too!   But I'm not rejoicing yet since I still can't find it. :(  I can certainly however, identify with this woman now who searched diligently for something very precious. Don't you think Jesus is emphasizing here that our spiritual connection to Him should be so important to us that we will thoroughly search for it.  Can you imagine that the woman who lost the coin was singularly focused, almost driven to find that precious piece? Think of something special you have lost lately, how important did it become to you to find?  Now, let's think about our relationship with Jesus, how diligently do we search for Him in our daily life? How valuable is fellowship with Jesus and eternal life with the Father to us? Remember His promise, "ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened.  Ask, seek, and knock...be diligent, conscientious, vigilant in attaining fellowship with Jesus and we will not be disappointed, we will be found by Him!  And just think how excited even the angels will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment